The new American President Joe Biden has signed a decree on reversing Trump’s controversial policies among which are:
You can meet women online here
1. Transgender ban lifted: Biden has lifted the transgender ban imposed by his predecessor Donald Trump in the armed forces. This is one of the reasons why Biden is being hailed by the LGBTQ community. The White House said gender identity should not prevent anyone from serving in the army because diversity is the strength of the United States of America.
2. Xenophobic census reversed: President Biden ordered that noncitizens be counted in the census, after the Trump administration sought to exclude them. The purpose of census is to know the number of people living in a country. Counting only Americans and excluding non-Americans in census actually makes no sense at all. Thank you President Biden.
3. Paris Climate Agreement rejoined: Biden has re-rejoined the Paris Agreement, more than three years after Trump announced that the U.S. would no longer participate in the agreement. The agreement was formed to coordinate the global response to climate change. Trump’s decision took effect in November.
4. World Health Organization rejoined: Donald Trump announced that the US would begin the process of withdrawing from the World Health Organization (WHO) on July 7, 2020, a few months after he halted US funding to the organization in the middle of a pandemic.
Rejoining the World Health Organization was one of Joe Biden’s first moves as president. Many world leaders welcome this decision. Dr. Anthony Fauci, the new head of the United States’s delegation to the WHO also said that it’s a crucial action for the global fight against COVID-19. According to Fauci, “”When you’re dealing with a global pandemic, you have to have an international connectivity.”
The US’s reentry into the organization sends a very important signal about the Biden administration’s commitment to global health.
5. Xenophobic Muslim ban reversed: Biden signed an executive order putting an end to the so-called Trump xenophobic ban on people traveling from some predominantly Muslim countries to the U.S.
6. Wearing of masks supported: Unlike Trump who does not favor wearing of masks as a means of cubing the coronavirus, President Biden has made it mandatory for masks to be worn in all Governmental buildings as this would help in reducing the spread of COVID-19. According to experts, wearing a mask blocks the respiratory droplets released when you exhale, cough, or sneeze. These droplets are widely believed to be the primary source of spread for COVID-19. Thus, if more people wear a mask, more are protected.SEE: More USA News in Latest USA News In Brief as well as in USA News Archive.