Share Button

Student dies after choking at pancake-eating contest

Share Button

Everyday Quick News Continues

A 20-year-old Caitlin Nelson, who is a college student died after choking herself during a pancake-eating contest. Unfortunately, it turned out that Caitlin’s father also died in September 11 attacks. Report has it that when Nelson started choking at the contest, 2 nursing students who were around immediately began lifesaving measures before the arrival of paramedics. She was taken to a hospital in Bridgeport but was later transferred to New York-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center as her condition became critical. She died 3 days after the competition.

The so-called pancake-eating contest is supposed to be fun but it could be disastrous also. Hence police has warned against students participating in such competitions that could result in tragic accidents.